Healthcare News (from Health Canada)
The following is an up-to-date list of news from Health Canada. This list is automatically generated from the Health Canada website.
- Harper Government Launches Plain Language Labelling Initiative to Improve Drug Safety for Canadians - Proposed changes will make it easier for Canadians to read drug labels
Fri, 14 June 2013 09:30:00 EDT
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, today announced the launch of the
- Harper Government Announces New Medical Marihuana Regulations
Mon, 11 June 2013 10:00:00 EDT
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, announced new regulations that will change the way Canadians access marihuana for medical purposes. The new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) will be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II, on June 19, 2013.
- Harper Government respects community concerns with new legislation for Supervised Drug Consumption Sites
Thu, 06 June 2013 11:00:00 EDT
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, accompanied by the Honourable Minister Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Minister for La Francophonie, announced the Harper Government has introduced the Respect for Communities Act, which would require any potential applications for supervised drug consumption sites in Canada to meet clear criteria before such applications can be considered.
- Harper Government launches Clinical Trials Database - New initiatives provide guidance and education on clinical trials for Canadians
Wed, 29 May 2013 13:30:00 EDT
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, today announced the launch of the Government of Canada’s new public database of Health Canada-authorized drug clinical trials involving patients, as well as the completion of a joint project to develop new standards for research ethics boards that oversee clinical trials.
- Harper Government Takes Action to have Dangerous Small, Powerful Magnets Removed from the Marketplace
Wed, 22 May 2013 09:30:00 EDT
Today, Health Canada published a recall related to a number of novelty magnet sets marketed to adults that contain small, powerful magnets which can be easily swallowed or inhaled by children. The department also issued an Advisory to warn Canadians about the dangers of these and other magnets.
- Health Canada Approves Proposals To Change Deferral Period For Certain Blood Donors
Wed, 22 May 2013 09:30:00 EDT
On May 22, 2013, Health Canada approved proposals from Canadian Blood Services (CBS) and Héma-Québec (HQ) to change the blood donor deferral period for men who have sex (MSM) with men from a lifetime deferral to five years.
- Notices of Health Canada advisories, public warnings and foreign product recalls are now available under a different RSS Feed
Mon, 13 May 2013 10:00:00 EDT
Advisories, public warnings and foreign product recalls are no longer part of the Media Room RSS Feed. Notices of advisories, public warnings and foreign product recalls are now available as a new separate RSS Feed titled "Healthy Canadians - Recalls and Safety Alerts - Health Canada - Media Room". Please subscribe to this new RSS Feed to continue to receive notices about advisories, public warnings and foreign product recalls.
- Harper Government Strengthens Drug Safety with New Standards - Good Manufacturing Practices now apply to all active pharmaceutical ingredients
Wed, 08 May 2013 16:30:00 EDT
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, today announced that Canada's Food and Drug Regulations have been amended to extend the requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to active ingredients (AI) used in pharmaceutical drugs. These amendments will come into force in the fall of this year.
- Minister of Health Congratulates the Winners of the 2013 National Award of Excellence in Nursing
Mon, 06 May 2013 11:00:00 EDT
Today, the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, acknowledged three exceptional nurses for their dedication, initiative and high standard of excellence in service to First Nations and Inuit communities.